Monday, December 19, 2011

Please Share your Stories and Pictures.

Dear Miles of Fun and Fitness Team,

I have created this blog for us. Through this blog we will update the program and, we hope, you will also help and encourage each other to achieve your goals. Please let me know what you think about this blog and if you like it, you could also use this blog to share your stories, your experiences, and your journey in achieving your own goal. You can also send me your pictures of activities and  places you visited and people you travelled with or met along the journey. As for me I will smash, spin and kick my way up to Rhode Island (900 miles) this year to visit my colleagues there at the University of Rhode Island. It is probably an unrealistic goal but I will try to one week at a time up my miles. This week I have completed 25 miles and this holiday break it is going to be a challenge because my family and I, will be travelling and visiting friends and family in the East Coast.

Smashing in Badminton

Spinning on Table Tennis

Kicking in Futsal

Have a wonderful and fit holiday.

See you after break,
Johnnes

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE to walk outside! I have found a great ap for my iPhone that tracks time, distance, map route (GPS functionality), activity, calaries burned, etc. It even runs in the 'background' so you can listen to music if you want to. There is a calander feature that lets you enter information for your fitness center activities if you don't walk or run. It is called Walkmeter. It does cost a one time fee of $4.99 but so far is well worth it! It has been very helpful for me to keep track of my miles.
    Melissa Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Melissa and thanks for sharing the app for iPhone.
    Have a merry walk with the Walkmeter.
    Johnnes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walked outside at 5:45 this morning! 5 degrees! Brrrr. I was so bundled up, I could have knocked off a 7-11! I missed my exercise partner, though.
    --Cory Barnes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worked out inside where it was warm... used the Elliptical my thighs are mad at me, but my calf's are happy... But hey it was well worth the 4 miles today!
    Jerry Kisela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my Wednesday's and Friday's running with Dana and the whole group. They keep me motivated and inspired and I have been able to build my endurance up. Thank you DANA!!!! :)
    JuLee

    ReplyDelete